Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Sewing Masks for the Pandemic


Anyone need or want masks?

I'm sewing cloth masks based on this pattern. I like this one because it has a good fit, and it's customizable. It's 2 layers of cloth with a pocket for inserting an additional filter, whatever one prefers. There's a pocket for a nose wire, which can be taken out for washings, and/or replaced with something else or nothing at all. I've been using pipe cleaners for the nose wires, just because I have a lot on hand. I make the tie string with braided or crocheted cotton yarn, which has worked best for the folks in my household, but this can be replaced with whatever one wants, or threaded in a different way. I'm using materials I have at home, so I can't guarantee the most exciting fabric patterns or matching colored thread.

The way I figure, masks are going to be part of the new normal for quite a while, so it's good to have several on hand. I'm not the fastest seamstress, but I do have the time, so this is something I can offer. Let me know if you're interested, and we can work out the details. I don't want money for them; I'm giving as many away as I can make.



No comments:

Post a Comment