Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Here's the Awesome Part of 2016

The previous post was really a bummer, but last year wasn't all bad. In fact, some pretty incredible things happened. Here are my gratitudes:

I started the year off getting ibogaine treatment, which deserves a post all of its own (in fact, I've got a whole website about it if you're curious). It was a phenomenal experience that helped me break through some of my depression and anxiety.

In February, I was feeling energized and decided to volunteer again at the Northwest Flower and Garden Show in Seattle.


    


After the show, I really wanted to donate some of my time to a gardening project, and Caera's new workplace at Compass Health provided the perfect opportunity. I thought an herb/flower spiral would fit nicely in a long-neglected 10'x10' space outside her window.


   

I didn't have time to go back to the Red Barn community farm plot, but I did carve out a little time to build some flower and veggie beds at the place where we're renting.


Most importantly, on October 8, Caera and I got married! I'm so happy to be sharing my life with this amazing woman. I think this picture says it all:


And in other good news, we got accepted into Housing Hope's Team Home Building program, which means we're framing houses with seven other families in Arlington. By the end of 2017, we'll be homeowners!


No comments:

Post a Comment