Friday, February 14, 2014

Eggs!

Last week, the day before Graham Kerr's seminar at the Northwest Flower & Garden Show, I decided to finally try my hand at Kerr's famous Velvet Sauce, which I learned at his seminar the previous year. I couldn't believe I waited so long to cook this sauce (it's super simple), so I made sure to try it before I saw the Galloping Gourmet again. I've also been attempting to cook for someone with a restrictive diet, but who can eat eggs, so it was the perfect motivation. I experimented with a parsnip sauce and a sweet potato sauce, and I used coconut milk instead of evaporated milk. I still need to play with the herb mixture, but I was happy with the results. Simple recipe, served over scrambled eggs:




While I was on an eggs kick, I ended the evening with some deviled eggs, because why not? Extra dilly with a little bit of heat, just the way I like 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment